Things that make me happy:
1) Our Very Important Visitor has come and gone successfully from the school and the stress of that is over and done with. Next week I am going to leave the school before 5:00 every single day. That is my goal. I need to in order to balance out last week, when I didn't leave the school before 6:00 Monday through Thursday, and actually stayed until 7:30 three times.
2) The really very nice evening out with members of my department in order to celebrate the success of the Very Important Visitor's visit on Friday. Said night out culminated with a massive geek exchange between my Head of Department and myself where we traded movies and music and comic books and made plans to continue on in this vein.
3) Had an incredibly zenful (if slightly hungover) morning yesterday.
4) I spent a couple of hours cleaning my room and, while I still have piles of clutter place that I would like to sort out later this afternoon, I have restored order and tidiness to my living space, which has existed in a state of chaos for rather too long. I things to be tidy. It gives me joy.
5) The weather is gorgeous
6) My plans for this afternoon, which involve me packing up my marking and taking it, with a bit of lunch, across the street to sit out in the park with. I think the marking will be that much more bearable for it's taking place outside in the sunshine. I will also be bringing one of the books that I was given in the geek exchange as a reward for myself if I get my marking done quickly.
7) There seems to be a new and hopefully permanent hot-spot...AT THE HEAD OF MY BED. This is a gift from the universe to me, I can only assume due to my general all around loveliness.
Things that make me less happy:
1) I tried to get a new moblie phone with a proper calling plan for Canada. This effort, which was trundling along quite well, failed. I didn't really understand the explination, but it went something to the effect that the way my bank lists my address is completely divorced from how Royal Mail lists my address and so my credit check for the phone company won't go through because they don't think I live in England. This is deeply annoying. Particularly so as I have fallen a little in love with the phone I was going to get and they have cruelly wrenched it from my grasp. Am going to try and fix this for next week.
That said, I am outdoors bound!